Today’s feature for the Pumpkin and Pinterest series is Raw Paleo Vegan Pumpkin Energy Balls from Lightly Living. These were so yum, and so simple to make. I have to admit, these are a treat just for mommy. 🙂
This recipe was very simple to make.
- I only made a few changes.
- I swapped the pecans for almonds
- I added 1 tablespoon of Maca powder
- I added 1/4 cup of craisins to give it a bit of tartness (and it goes perfectly with pumpkin).
That is all, and they turned out beautifully. The texture was a cross between cookie dough and a Lara bar. The pumpkin gives the end treat a creamy and smooth texture. Smoother than a cookie dough, but less firm than a Lara Bar.
- Maca Powder
- Balances hormones
- Improves skin and hair
- Increases energy
- Good source of fiber
- Contain calcium, sulfur, iron, potassium, phosphorous, manganese and copper.
- Improves the bodies ability to absorb calcium and magnesium. Perfect for strong teeth and bones.
- Boosts immunity-perfect for cold and flu season.
These Vegan Pumpkin Energy Balls are the perfect snack. Packed with beta carotene, coconut, dates and maca, these pumpkin energy balls will keep you going in spite of the midday slump.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ⅓ cup canned natural pumpkin
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons (set aside) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon Maca powder
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of sea salt
- First, soak the dates in water for 10 minutes. Drain water out and dry the dates on a paper towel.
- Simply grind the pecans in a food processor or blender to a fine texture.
Have you ever used Maca powder? Share if you experienced any differences below.