Today’s Pumpkin and Pinterest feature recipe are Classic Pumpkin Muffins from Making Healthy Choices.
These have an extra bit of flare with the added pumpkin seeds on the top.
I made a couple of changes to the original recipe.
I swapped the buttermilk for 1 cup of yogurt.
I added 2 Tablespoons of flaxseed meal
I swapped 1 cup of all-purpose flour for oat flour (oatmeal run through the processor)
- Oats (Oatmeal)
- Offers protein and fiber, causing you to feel full longer.
- Pumpkin and Pumpkin Seeds
- Contains L-tryptophan, an amino acid that helps with sound sleep and lowers depression.
- Helps skin achieve a clear, healthy glow because of the B vitamins and various mineral (including zinc), phytonutrients, and fatty oils.
- Flaxseed meal
- Excellent source of alpha-linolenic acid (vitamin F)
- Provides a mucilage that is an effective intestinal tract cleanser.
- Helps to prevent breast and prostate cancer.
- Aids and relieves indigestion
- 1 cup puréed pumpkin
- ¼ cup oil (coconut oil)
- 2large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Prepare muffin tin liners
- Combine all wet ingredients and brown sugar.
- Mix well
- In a separate bowl combine whole wheat flour, spices, baking soda and salt.
- Mix well
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients and combine until blended. Do not over mix.
- Use ¼ cup cookie scoop to fill liners and top with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean