Simple Protein Pancakes (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
1 cup almonds
2 cups oatmeal
1/4 cup chia seed
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup water (if needed to thin batter)
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
Process almonds and oatmeal in processor until becomes the consistency of flour.
Add additional ingredients and process till smooth. Add additional water if batter if thick.
Bake like a traditional pancake and serve with maple syrup.
Baked Pumpkin-Spiced Oatmeal (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Serves: about 8-12
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cup organic pumpkin puree**
/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened organic almond milk
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Optional 1 cup craisins
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix oats and spices together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Mix pumpkin, maple syrup, coconut oil and almond milk together in another bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into a greased pan.
- Bake at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes. If you want it a bit crispier on top increase temp to 375 for 5 additional minutes.
- Let the oatmeal cool on a wire rack or plate.
** If you’re using up leftover pumpkin puree, using less than 1 ½ cup is OK, too, but I don’t recommend going below ¾ cup.
3 cup oatmeal
1 cup cashew
1 cup almond
1/4 cup chia
2 tsp arrowroot
1 tsp organic corn starch
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp Pumpkin spice
1 medium baked sweet potato
3 cups water
1 cup almond milk
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Place oatmeal, chia and nuts in processor and blend till smooth.
Add in arrowroot, organic corn starch, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin spice and blend in.
Add in water, almond milk, lemon and eggs. Blend until incorporated.
Take baked sweet potato, cut into thick slices and add to processor and blend till smooth.
Preheat skillet on medium heat.
Fill 1/2 of ladle with mixture and pour onto skillet. Use back of ladle to smooth mixture into a circle.
Cook till brown, flip and cook to brown.
Serve with maple syrup and homemade whipped cream.
This Nutty Kale Salad is a quick eat that can be thrown together quickly and enjoyed.
Kale has many health benefits and is versatile. This is one of the many ways I enjoy preparing it.
4 cups organic baby kale finely chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp honey
1/4 cup raw almonds
1/4 cup raw cashews
3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1 cup craisins
Place all ingredients in a bowl except for honey and lemon. Place honey and lemon in a small bowl and heat for 10 secs in the microwave so honey and lemon mix.
Pour honey mixture over salad and massage.
Nutty Kale Salad
- 4 cups organic baby kale finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup craisins
- Place all ingredients in a bowl except for honey and lemon. Place honey and lemon in a small bowl and heat for 10 secs in the microwave so honey and lemon mix.
- Pour honey mixture over salad and massage.