Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Cups are the next recipe featured in our Pumpkins and Pinterest series. These darlings are from Food Pleasure and Health and oh am I glad that I tried this recipe they are divine.
I had so much fun making these. I’m not sure why I’ve never attempted to make any type of chocolate cup considering my obsession with peanut butter cups. These were simple to make and worth every second it took. I must admit I was staring down the clock and trying to occupy my time as I waited for these beauties to solidify so I could try them out.
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup honey (use maple syrup for vegan)
- splash of vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Pumpkin Filling:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (or any other milk)
- 2 tablespoons honey (use maple syrup for vegan)
- 1 heaping teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
- Line a baking tray with mini muffin liners, or use a silicon muffin tray for easy release.
- In a small sauce pan, over medium heat, add coconut oil, honey, cocoa powder, salt and stir
- everything together and pour about 1 tablespoon of chocolate into each muffin liner.
- Place muffin liner in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until it hardens a little bit.
- In the meantime, whip pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, milk, honey together. Spoon about 1
- tablespoon of mixture into mini muffin liner then top with more chocolate. If te chocolate thickens,
- use a spoon to whip it back into liquid consistency.
- Allow it to freeze for couple hours then enjoy.
- Store in the freezer.
Today I let the boys try them out and come to find out I am the best mom in the universe. See what a little chocolate and pumpkin can do. 😊
If you don’t like spending time in the kitchen or prefer cooking over baking this is a perfect recipe to try out they are delicious they melt in your mouth and that little kick out of pumpkin pie filling is perfect for fall.
Have you ever tried making any type of chocolate cups before? Someone, please tell me I’m not the only one that hasn’t tried this.