My dad has his own personal orchard of all types of fruit trees. Well yesterday he brought me a huge bag of apples and this happened.APPLE PIE FILLING:• 10-12 apples, peeled and chopped into cubes (I used Granny Smith) •. 2 tsp cinnamon • 1/2 cup potato starch • ⅓ cup brown sugar •. 2/3 cup sugar • 1 cup water •. 1 cup orange juice • 1/2 tsp nutmeg • 1½ tsp vanilla extract • pinch of salt • Juice of 1 lemonCHIMICHANGAS:• 4 small flour tortillas • ¼ cup sugar • ½ tbsp cinnamon • •. 4 tbsp Coconut OilInstructions 1 Peel the apples, cut them into cubes and set aside. 2 Pour the water, sugar, salt, lemon juice, cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg, cornstarch in a saucepan and stir. Put on medium heat to cook for a few minutes (about 3 min), stirring occasionally.3. When the mixture thickens, add the apples and cook for about 10 minutes until apples are soft . Remove from heat to cool for a few minutes. 4. Put apple pie mixture in the middle of tortilla. Close tortilla on both sides and roll it like a burrito. 5. brush all sides of chimichanga with coconut oil and place into air fryer basket. 6. place chimichangas into air fryer basket and cook at 375 for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes. 7. Brush warm chimichanga with apple pie sauce and roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture. If you like drizzle with Carmel sauce.Enjoy
Category: Whole Food Recipes
Recipes that encourage natural living. I enjoy creating recipes that are basic and user-friendly. Recipes range from desserts, bulk cooking, freezer prepared meals and natural solutions to use around the house. Whole Living Large is a natural living blog. We enjoy a broad range of food, and most of all enjoy cooking it in our kitchen.
Tuna cakes are a childhood food that I loved because my grandmother made the best tuna cakes and all you needed was a spritz of lemon.
This is my spin on her recipe. I used avocado instead of the mayo and added jalapeños.
3 green onions
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped, plus sprigs for garnish
2 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 of an avocado
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon juice from jalapeño slices
10-12 pickled jalapeño slices
1/3 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
3 cans (6 ounces each) tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. In a food processor place first 2 ingredients into process bowl and pulse till finely chopped.
2. Add next seven ingredients and pulse until mixed well.
3. Dump mixture into a large bowl and add drained tuna. Mix gently until ingredients just hold together.
Using a 1/4 cup cookie scoop packed with tuna mixture, shape into cakes.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Working in batches if necessary, cook cakes until golden brown and crisp on the outside, about 2 minutes per side. Serve hot, accompanied by salsa, and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of lime
- In a blender, combine the olive oil, salt, chili powder, avocado, buttermilk, apple cider vinegar, cloves of garlic, cilantro, lime juice and lime zest. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour marinade into a freezer bag and add chicken breast. Seal bag and turn to coat chicken.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Drain chicken and discard marinade. Place chicken on a shallow baking sheet. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is done (175 degrees F internal temperature)
Today the whole family was in the mood for breakfast for dinner. I had some chicken defrosting in the fridge so I decided to throw together my version of a popular dish. Truth be told my littles have never had chicken and waffles so they thought I was slightly off my rocker but when it was all said and done there were clean plates all around.
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup whole milk
1 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup orange juice
3 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
Whisk together wet ingredients and add to the dry ingredients.
Heat waffle maker and bake according to maker instructions.
2 chicken breast cut in half
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp black pepper
2 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil
Sprinkle salt into both sides if chicken
Mix seasoning together and spread 1/2 of mixture onto a plate.
Take chicken and place on plate with seasoning and cover completely
Place chicken on foil and continue with the rest of the chicken
Spray chicken with olive oil or drizzle olive oil over chicken.
Place cookie sheet in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, flipping half way.
Serve with maple syrup and whipped cream.
- 2 chicken breast cut in half
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- Whisk together wet ingredients and add to the dry ingredients.
- Heat waffle maker and bake according to maker instructions.
- Blackened Chicken
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil
- Sprinkle salt into both sides if chicken
- Mix seasoning together and spread ½ of mixture onto a plate.
- Take chicken and place on plate with seasoning and cover completely
- Place chicken on foil and continue with the rest of the chicken
- Spray chicken with olive oil or drizzle olive oil over chicken.
- Place cookie sheet in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, flipping half way.
- Serve with maple syrup and whipped cream.