Clean eating is a buzz word that gets thrown around and often times makes cleaning up your daily eating habits a bit overwhelming. Here are 5 things to keep in mind while improving your eating habits.
- Buy one-ingredient foods – the best foods to fuel your body are the simplest one. Fresh produce, whole grains, nuts, legumes, eggs, fish and meat.
- Sugar is NOT your friend – pay attention to the ingredient list for hidden suffers in both sweet and savory products. Aim for less than 25 G of added sugars daily.
- Don’t get hung up on advertising and marketing – Focus on the Nutrition Facts and ingredient list.
- Home cooked is best – The best way to know what you are eating is to prepare it yourself. Start small by visiting your favorite food blog like WholeLivingLarge.com 😉 and enjoy the adventure.
- Perfection does not exist – Its ok to enjoy a not so clean treat or meal. Balance is key to long-term success.