Warm Sriracha Cashews
I am embarrassed to say how quickly we go through a Costco container of cashews. But in my defense we are a family of NINE. ;0 I should say we are a happy family of nine since research shows cashews make you happy. 🙂
To be quite honest, I don’t think I ever tasted a cashew until I married my husband and his relationship with cashews is borderline…
Well, I will save that for another post. 😉
Anywho, as a child we only got nuts that were still in the shell and the cashew took too much effort to crack so I stuck with the pecans. That was as exotic as I got unless I branched out of my comfort zone and tried to crack a walnut.
That all changed when I met my husband. He has childhood memories of visiting the original Nuts On Clark with his dad and buying the best cashews know to a little boy in Chicago. Today, all of my children have an uncanny love for cashews and my husband often complains that all of “his” cashews are gone. I can’t help but laugh to myself because he truly believes he is the only one who eats the cashews.
I have made cinnamon almonds before but never played with “The Cashews” so I decided to try and play with the buttery nuts.
If you have followed for any length of time you know I have a slight obsession with Sriracha, so what better way to celebrate my 16 year anniversary than with a union of his favorite and my favorite item.
2 teaspoons coconut oil
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons Sriracha
2 teaspoons Chipotle Tabasco
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup roasted cashews, unsalted
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper
Heat coconut oil in a medium saucepan over heat and add brown sugar, Sriracha, Chipotle Tabasco, Chili Powder, and pepper.
Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to bubble.
Add in cashews and coat with mixture.
Cook for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
Spread cashews evenly on prepared baking sheet.
Use a spatula to spread into an even layer and separate cashews.
Sprinkle nuts with salt and bake for 7-8 minutes.
Cool on the pan and then serve.
What is your favorite nut?
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons Chipotle Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup roasted cashews, unsalted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Heat coconut oil in a medium saucepan over heat and add brown sugar, Sriracha, Chipotle Tabasco, Chili Powder, and pepper.
- Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to bubble.
- Add in cashews and coat with mixture.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Spread cashews evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- Use a spatula to spread into an even layer and separate cashews.
- Sprinkle nuts with salt and bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Cool on the pan and then serve.