Sriracha Pumpkin Hummus from The Recipe Runner
Garbanzo beans and Pumpkin.
I’m simply going to leave that there for you to churn over for a second.
At first glance, you may say, “I’ll pass on that one.” If that is you, then you are missing OUT.
Initially, my brain was like, “this might be good.” I love, love, love… yes that’s three loves for Sriracha. I confess, I put it on most things, including my pizza. Please tell me that I am not alone! My family still looks at me like I’ve sprouted a third eye as I delicately drizzle Sriracha over my pizza like it’s a French confection freshly popped from the oven. But hey, my taste buds say yes, so who am I to say no?
This Sriracha Pumpkin Hummus has become my new Fall favorite.
Yep, it has TKO’d my previous “nameless” choice.
I made this humorously simple recipe at about 8:30 this morning.
I then sliced a cucumber and a few bell peppers.
Performed the ritualistic “taste test.”
“Oh, Now that’s good!”
Clicked a few pictures.
“Taste tested” a few more times.
Edited a few pictures…
Posted a picture to Instagram
By the time I was done editing and posting my “taste test” bowl was empty, and the cucumber and bell peppers were well on their way to being extinct.
Need I say more. Now you just need to make it and feel the bliss I plan on repeating soon.
- 15 ounce can garbanzo beans
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 t. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 t. cumin
- ½ t. chili powder
- ¼ t. smoked paprika
- ¾ t. kosher salt
- 2 t. sriracha
- ¼-1/2 cup water
- Pita chips or vegetables for serving
- In a high speed blender or food processor add all of the ingredients except the water.
- Turn the blender or food processor on and slowly add in the water until the hummus becomes smooth and creamy.
- Serve the hummus immediately with pita chip or vegetables, or refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
Have you been following the Pumpkin and Pinterest series? Which recipe is your favorite so far?