Today for the Pumpkins and Pinterest Write 31 days Series you are in for a treat.
Oh, my this tastes like pumpkin pie. This was much more enjoyable than I expected. This Gluten-Free Perfectly Pumpkin Mousse took very little time to prepare. I made the recipe is written on Simple Food 365. The only change I made was serving the Mousse with crumbled gluten free graham cracker. I used 5 graham squares and blended in my processor till smooth.
I filled a Martini glass with a tablespoon of graham cracker and then piped a bit of the mousse over the graham crackers.
I repeated this process until the glass was filled.
- 2 cups canned or fresh pumpkin
- 3 cups heavy cream, divided
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine the pumpkin with ½ cup of heavy cream, the sugar and the spices in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat for seven minutes then set it aside to cool.
- Once the pumpkin mixture is cool, pour the remaining cream into a chilled mixer bowl.
- Add the salt and vanilla to the bowl.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Put the pumpkin mixture into a large bowl, then gradually fold the whipped cream into it.
- Serve it topped with a sprinkle of cinnamon, fresh grated nutmeg or whipped cream.
Have you every made or tasted Pumpkin Mousse?
I was completely surprised by this one. So happy I tried it.
Thanks for checking in.
Hope you enjoy. Be blessed.