Recently I was talking to my 15-year-old daughter about how much she has experienced and grown in her first semester as a high-school freshman. This weekend she performed with her marching band on the football field of Arizona State University and they placed second. I told her as an ASU alumni, I had never been to the stadium let alone on the field. It was an opportunity to encourage my once shy daughter. A chance to acknowledge her choice to step out of her comfort zone and the growth she had attained.
As a young girl, I was constantly bombarded by fear.
Fear kept me from LIVING life. Experiencing what life had to offer me at that time.
A few years ago I had a near death experience ( a story for another day) that caused me to LIVE my life differently.
I want to LIVE courageously and intentionally for God.
- We live intentionally?
- We were secure in our own unique personality?
- We were content to serve and fulfill our God-given purpose and calling.
- No longer feel the burn of envy for someone else’s achievements?
- Change the lives of those we are blessed to encounter?
- Finally, be free to LIVE fully present, empowered to walk out all we are created for?
Each of us is created for a uniquely designed purpose.
The desire that burns within us in not coincidence.
It is a call to step out and make our DREAM a REALITY.
In walks fear.
- What will others think if I truly go all out?
- Am I being selfish if I passionately nurture and grow the gifts and talents within me?
- Can I use the experiences from my past, my accomplishments and failures, to help me learn how to live more intentionally today?
- How do I know this burning desire is actually Gods’ voice.
When I contemplate these questions and thoughts, my desire it to live intentionally every day. I am reminded of
2 Thessalonians 1:11 MSG
We pray for you all the time. Pray that our God will make you fit for what he’s called you to be, pray that he’ll fill your good ideas and acts of faith with his own energy so that it all amounts to something.
This is my prayer for you and I. That all we do would be blessed and glorify our Creator. That we will be BOLD in walking out the plan for our lives.
What is the dream that is kindling within your heart. What is holding you back from stepping out and fulfilling your dream, your purpose?