As a family of nine, Costco is our primary place to shop for grocery items. I am so glad Costco has consistently increased their selection of organic foods.
Here are my current Top 10 Costco Finds.
1. Kirkland Organic Coconut Oil $7.89 (2 – 42.3 containers)
We use this coconut oil for just about everything. Coconut is a heart-healthy food. Research supports that this oil can aid the immune system by increasing the resistance to viruses and bacteria. It is highly effective for dry skin, diaper cream, cradle-cap, lip balm Here are a few ways we use coconut oil in my home.
Hot oil treatment
Help fight frizzy curls
Moisturizer for skin (specifically eczema)
2. Blueberries ($11.99 3 lb bag)
These little deep purple beauties are rich in antioxidant compounds. The antioxidants are beneficial in fighting against free radicals. Free radicals are the dirty little rascals blamed for creating havoc in our bodies and causing cancers and several other diseases.
3. Tru Roots Organic Quinoa ($19.99 4 lb bag)
Quinoa is overall nutrient dense. Packed with protein, healthy fats, vitamin E, and calcium to name a few. It is also very versatile. Quinoa can be eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I for one love a versatile staple.
Here are a few ways we enjoy quinoa
4. Avocados ($5.99 6 count)
Rich in healthy monounsaturated fats, avocado is considered by some the perfect food. These fats support lowering the risk of breast cancer, and aiding to reduce “bad” cholesterol levels. Offering a unique balance of fiber (5g), protein (22g) and carbohydrates (12 g), avocados are a fruit I indulge in almost daily
Here are a few ways I enjoy them:
Roasted with Tabasco sauce and a spritz of lemon
5. Nature’s Pride Organic Sweet Potatoes ($7.49 10lb bag)
Costco is seasonal when it comes to their sweet potatoes, so when they are available, I am overjoyed. Sweet potatoes are high in beta-carotene and compounds that aid in lowering cholesterol.
How we enjoy them:
Sweet Potato Hash
Sweet Potato Fries
Baked Sweet Potato
Sweet Potato Pancakes
Chipotle Sweet Potato Soup
6. Kirkland Cashews ($14.99 2.5 lbs)
Cashews are high in monounsaturated fats and help protect the heart. Offers a range of minerals for healthy bones, enhanced immunity and increased energy levels. Recent studies indicate cashews may help improve overall mood.
We love to gobble these as snacks or make date nut bars.
7. Wholesome Garden Organic Baby Spinach ($4.29 1 lb) Spinach has multiple flavonoid compounds that act as antioxidants. Excellent for fighting stomach, skin, breast, prostate, and other cancers. This superfood is very high in carotenes (skin & eyesight), vitamin K (bone strength) and may aid in preventing osteoporosis.
Here is how we enjoy spinach
8. Kirkland Large Organic Brown Eggs $6.99 24 count Take one look at my Instagram feed, and you will see we go thru many eggs. From boiled eggs to quinoa burgers. I think I touch an egg every day. Eggs are an excellent source of B vitamin choline that has anti-inflammatory properties and enhances brain function. They are also an excellent source of protein.
9. Path of Life Broccoli Florets $6.49 Four 1-lb bags
Broccoli is a good source of potassium that is beneficial in maintaining a healthy nervous system, enhance brain function and promote healthy muscle growth. Great source of calcium, antioxidants (vitamin C)
We love to roast broccoli. It give the florets an extra crunch and enhances the flavor.
10. Bunny-Luv Organic Carrots $6.99 10 lb bag
We go thru this 10-pound bag of carrots. Here are some of the ways we use these.
- Make carrot chips for lunches and snack. (The chips also work great in soups. I feed them through my food processor for the perfect size.)
- Juicing…of course. Carrots are my favorite vegetable to juice. The beta-carotene is one of the elements that help me keep my autoimmune issue under control.
- In muffins
- Stir fry
What would you list as your top 10 Costco finds? Mine are always changing.