Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
2 cups whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
4 eggs beaten
3 1/2 cups bananas mashed
1/4 cup organic sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon salt.
1. Prepare two 9x5x3 inch or four 7 1/2×3 1/2×2 inch loaf pans with butter or coconut oil. Set aside.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
3. In a bowl of processor place bananas and date. Process till smooth.
4. Add room temperature eggs, sugar and oil and process.
5. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and fold until just mixed.
6. Pour into prepared pans and make streusel topping.
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
6 Tablespoons of oatmeal
4 Tablespoons of butter
1. Add all ingredients to a small bowl
2. Use a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Sprinkle mixture and gently press into batter.
Bake in 350-degree oven for 55-60 minutes for 9x5x3 inch loaf pan or 40-45 minutes for 7 1/2×3 1/2×2 inch loaf pan or until a tester comes out clean.
At this point, you can cool completely slice and freeze for eating later or enjoy immediately. Enjoy the Whole Living Large banana bread plain or top with peanut butter or apple butter. This healthy banana bread is great for lunches and snacks.