This soup is a spin on one of my favorite soups, Chicken tortilla soup. This soup features the amazing black bean and receives a boost from enchilada sauce, green chilis and onions.
- Considered on the healthiest spices available.
- Capsaicin is found in chiles and known to relieve pain and inflammation associated with arthritis.
- Rich in vitamin C and carotenes to boost the immune system
- One of the top health foods that contain sulfur compounds – natural antibiotics
- Contains a wide range of flavonoids – help fight carcinogens in the body
- Has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial action that can help reduce nasal congestion due to a cold.
- Rich in chromium
- Good source of vitamin C
- Rich in nutrients
- Cholesterol-lowering fiber (high in insoluble fiber – indigestible part of plants.)
- low in fat
- high in magnesium – makes them a great food for people suffering or at risk for heart disease
- Rich in antioxidant compounds that can help prevent cancer and blood clots
1 can black beans
1 can enchilada sauce
1 7 oz can green chilies
2 onions diced
1 cup organic salsa
24 oz chicken stock
2 dried chilli peppers for extra heat 😊 (optional)
Dump all ingredients into crock pot and bake on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Once done use immersion blender to blend all ingredients. Can leave a bit chunky or make it smoother. If you don’t have an immersion blender you can blend in small batches in a blender.
Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt. Can serve with quinoa and quesadillas for some extra yum.